We’re looking for an experienced Account Director to lead and manage one of SPIKA’s biggest accounts. You’ll need to be a tenacious and confident communicator who is comfortable building strong relationships with clients, agency partners and colleagues. Working closely with the Project Management, QA & Support, Digital Services, and Development Teams you will be fully accountable for ensuring that we consistently deliver a service which exceeds client expectations and effectively responds to the client’s requirements on a day-to-day basis.
Your primary responsibility will be to become the key point of contact for the client centrally and key stakeholders globally on all matters relating to the daily running of the account. The strong relationships you will develop will naturally provide the foundation and understanding from which you will help to develop and grow this account.
If you are someone who thrives on managing clients in a multiple-agency environment and has an excellent understanding of producing and delivering web strategy and digital projects this could be the perfect Account Director role for you.
You must be happy working in a small team, and be ambitious, bright, hard-working and proactive – it is a very hands-on environment without the infrastructure or hierarchy of a big agency. There are huge advantages in terms of working closely with the senior management team, having senior client contact, working on new business pitches, and so on, but when things get busy, people need to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Responding to client briefs you’ll add value by questioning and challenging assumptions, establishing the clear requirements and ensuring this is factored into cost estimates
- Working with internal teams you will help co-ordinate and prioritise internal resources to manage workflow and delivery of projects, ensuring the senior management team are kept abreast of projects and aware of any potential opportunities or issues you have identified
- Confidently presenting strategies, creative and analysis to the client and wider agency team, capturing feedback and ensuring it is actioned
- Proactively identify and inform the relevant parties of new commercial opportunities that arise from existing clients
- Improving processes to drive efficiencies and internal optimisations
- Willingness to multi-task and get stuck-in to ensure a project is completed on time
Essential skills and experience:
- 4+ years previous agency or brand experience
- Experience of managing estimating and finances with a strong understanding of difference commercial billing models
- Ability to think on your feet and find resolutions that work in both the client’s and our best interest
- Excellent communication skills, commercial aptitude and diplomacy skills, possessing a strong client-facing presence remaining calm and confident under pressure
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail, ensuring all work is reviewed before sharing with the client
- Natural curiosity and common sense – prepared to question why we’re doing what we’re doing, to give clients the best possible solution to their business problem
- A collaborative team player who ensures the highest standard of work
- Excellent understanding of the industry and current trends, keeping abreast of the latest developments and their impact for the industry
- Confident, articulate, self-motivated and driven with the ability to work on own initiative as well as being part of a team
- Understanding of digital strategies and digital marketing (SEO, Social, GA, GTM etc)
This role is based in our London office a short walk from Victoria and St James’ Park. This position includes a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, share options, enhanced pension, life assurance, dedicated personal development time, and generous annual leave.
If you are interested apply now with your CV for immediate consideration to email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.