Application Support Analyst
- Application Support Analyst
- Job type:
- Permanent full-time
- Depending on experience + Bonus, Pension and other company benefits
- London (SW1H) or Bedford (MK44 – own transport required)
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated Application Support Analyst with a minimum of 3 years’ experience across a wide range of web-based software. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on an amazing client-list including Disney, Bacardi-Martini, NBC Universal, Kings College and NHS, surrounded by an inspiring and talented team.
The successful candidate will join the Technical Support team and will work closely with in-house PM, QA and development teams and develop in depth knowledge of platform and product functionality. You will have responsibility for supporting in-house developed software and products to the highest standard for high-profile, global clients. This role requires coordination of activities among internal and client technical teams; you will provide 3rd line support for all tickets and will liaise with team members and external suppliers to identify resolutions to outstanding tickets.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst with a passion for technology, an eye for detail, a focus on quality and the curiosity and ability to understand all aspects of complex web applications. You will receive extensive on-going support and training from a talented and skilled team whilst being exposed to the latest web/mobile technologies.
- Provide support for bespoke applications including its users, associated services, and configurations
- Troubleshoot APIs using custom Java code and tools such as Postman.
- Become a part of the 24/7 support rota (P1 & P2 incidents)
- Provide effective root cause analysis investigations for problem management process
- Liaise with development team to provide end-user fixes or temporary workarounds
- Coordinate and assist internal and external technical teams in configuring test environments and deploying updates
- Support internal and external teams with requests about platform capabilities and assist with business analysis, gap analysis and assessing new functional requirements
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports, internally and for clients
We are looking for the following experience/skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience with a strong technical focus, strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Solid proven working experience of SQL (MySQL and MSSQL: Querying, writing scripts etc)
- Ability to interpret XML/JSON requests and a good understanding of network protocols
- Basic programming skills in Java will be integral to the role
- Knowledge of using browser developer tools (such as Firebug for Firefox, Web developer for IE and Developer tools for Chrome) for testing and in troubleshooting issues
- Experience in setup and use of monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Linux commands is required, knowledge of configuring Linux test environments beneficial
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and capabilities
- Understanding of risk management
- Analytical and systematic approach to troubleshooting plus a willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge adapting to the changing landscape
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Great interpersonal and communications skills to be part of a driven, close knit team whilst liaising regularly with some very high-profile clients.
The following areas would be a distinct advantage but not essential:
- Experience of setting up AWS cloud hosted infrastructure
- Experience with both Windows/Mac operating system and iOS/Android
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git or SVN etc.
- Experience of using JIRA
This role is available to candidates who could be based either in our London office, a short walk from Victoria Station and St James’ Park tube or in our Bedford office (Priory Business Park, MK44 3RZ – own transport required). This position includes a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, pension, Share Options and generous annual leave.
If you are interested apply now with your CV for immediate consideration to email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.