AWS DevOps Engineer
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- Job type:
- Permanent full-time
- Remote and London (SW1V)
We are looking for a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team.
The company is currently building its next generation consumer engagement platform and there is a fantastic opportunity for the right DevOps Engineer to shape our future cloud infrastructure, automation and development setup. In addition, you will support existing AWS infrastructure and drive ongoing enhancements and automation to deployments, monitoring and scalability.
Reporting to the Operations & QA Manager you will come in as an expert DevOps Engineer to offer advice, build experience and best practice. You will lead on cloud infrastructure, whilst working closely with the technical directors and development team on defining the DevOps roadmap. Your role will be to develop operational best practice, whilst planning, managing, and providing system infrastructure support.
The right candidate will be bright, self-driven and passionate about DevOps and finding solutions to problems. You must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills, time management and enjoy working in a fast-paced, client-driven environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive adoption of Cloud-first best practices
- Work closely with ops and development team to provide subject-matter-expertise and assist with defining, documenting and implementing processes for deployments, monitoring and management of systems.
- Work with Ops Manager to closely monitor utilisation, performance, DR processes and costs across all AWS infrastructure
- Lead provisioning, configuration, monitoring and management of all AWS infrastructure.
- Automation, scripting and configuring CI/CD pipelines.
- Troubleshooting complex production / performance / outage issues.
- Assist with developing and implementing strict change controls processes.
- Occasional on-call support for business-critical systems
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in a DevOps role within an AWS environment – ideally with AWS certifications
- Team player with excellent communication and people skills
- Knowledge of client-server and distributed systems; AWS Cloud architecture patterns
- Container orchestration and an understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with cluster management or IaC tools like KOPS or Terraform
- Experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker or containerd and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, package managers and chart customizers such as Helm/Kustomize
- Scripting skills in Python, Bash or Groovy
- CI/CD pipelines, writing Jenkins files, knowledge of Git
- Large RDS MySQL 5.x+ and 8 in high-availability and traffic environments
- Environment Hardening and a good understanding of security and networking as well as keeping up with industry standards
- Knowledge of configuration, maintenance and use of log shipping systems such as the ELK stack
Any knowledge of the below will be helpful and the right candidate will have the opportunity to enhance their skills in:
- Relevant AWS certifications
- Experience from automation or configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet etc
- DBA and SQL experience, in particular MySQL 8 on RDS
- Any experience and understanding of Java
- Java container, JRE, JDBC configuration and optimisations
- Stress, load and performance testing using k6 or JMeter
- Jira, Confluence
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
If you are interested apply now with your CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.