DevOps Engineer Freelance/Consultant
- DevOps Engineer Freelance/Consultant
- Job type:
- Part-time consultant
- Remote and London (SW1V)
We’re looking for an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to support us on a part-time consultant basis. You will be liaising with and supporting the Operations Manager and Client Support Director by reviewing and evolving existing AWS infrastructure used to support global clients with high security and dynamic load requirements.
As an AWS DevOps expert, your tasks will include
- Review existing infrastructure and architecture
- Recommend optimisations and upgrades
- Assist with AWS design of new cloud services, migration and documentation, including CI pipeline and EKS clusters
- Implementing monitoring and utilisation dashboards
We envisage an initial discovery project of up to 10 days to include assessment of current setup, recommendations, quick fixes and knowledge share as well as agreeing next steps and level of support needed. The discovery project would ideally be delivered over a couple of weeks, but we would also consider a minimum of 2-3 days per week over a longer period.
Once the discovery project and immediate fixes and knowledge share has been delivered we envisage an ongoing engagement of 1-2 days per week over a longer period.
You will have the full attention and support from the Operations Manager and Client Support Director as well as access to development team as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in a DevOps role within an AWS environment – ideally with AWS certifications
- Team player with excellent communication and people skills
- Knowledge of client-server and distributed systems; AWS Cloud architecture patterns
- Container orchestration and an understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with cluster management or IaC tools like KOPS or Terraform
- Experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker or containerd and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, package managers and chart customizers such as Helm/Kustomize
- Scripting skills in Python, Bash or Groovy
- CI/CD pipelines, writing Jenkins files, knowledge of Git
- Large RDS MySQL 5.x+ and 8 in high-availability and traffic environments
- Environment Hardening and a good understanding of security and networking as well as keeping up with industry standards
- Knowledge of configuration, maintenance and use of log shipping systems such as the ELK stack
Please send your CV and day/hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.