QA & Software Support Intern
- QA & Software Support Intern
- Job type:
- Initial 6 month contract
- Hybrid Remote - London, SW1V
- Up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
Are you a recent graduate looking to start your career in a successful and supportive software agency? If you have an eye for detail, a mindset for quality and the ability to understand and test all aspects of complex web applications this would be a great role for you.
We are looking for a bright, driven and motivated individual with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail to join our QA & Software support team on an initial 6-month contract with the possibility of extension or a permanent role.
This is a broad and rewarding position, where you will gain experience in testing software for high profile, global clients. The role involves testing a diverse range of web based & mobile software across multiple projects and platforms. You will develop an in-depth understanding of all new features / functionality of the platforms and learn how to establish new test protocols.
You will receive extensive on-going training & development, with the opportunity to learn and deepen your knowledge in areas including large scale MySQL databases, web development (HTML, CSS, JS), backend APIs (JSON, XML), AWS infrastructure, and browser technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate or tech savvy individual to work on an amazing client-list including Bacardi-Martini, NBC Universal, Kings College, MoD and NHS, surrounded by an inspiring and talented team.
- Manual and automated testing web-based applications across the full testing lifecycle, including UAT, system and integration
- Plan test cases, execute tests and capture results accordingly
- Configure and set up web/API based promotions
- Triage software systems (including log analysis, troubleshooting, identifying, and classifying issues)
- Using SQL to query and analyse data to extract reports or behavioural insights
- Create or update standardised application support documentation
- A university degree in a STEM subject, ideally in computing
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to take own initiative, prioritise and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Good SQL knowledge and understanding of relational databases
- Good understanding of APIs with the ability to interpret XML and JSON requests
Additional beneficial skills
- Understanding of how the Internet works, including protocols, cookies, and ability to use browser development tools for troubleshooting and testing
- Understanding of browser compatibility, usability and cross-device testing
- Experience in using browser developer tools (such as Developer Tools for Chrome) for testing and troubleshooting issues
- Any exposure to Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager would be helpful
To apply for this role send your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org – please note, CVs without cover letters may be rejected without review.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, share options, enhanced pension, enhanced family leave, life assurance and dedicated personal development time. Our offices are based close to Victoria Station and this role offers a mix of in-office and remote working.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role
No agencies please