Senior Java Web Developer
- Senior Java Developer
- Job type:
- Permanent full-time
- Dependent on experience
- London (SW1H)
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Java Developer to join our inspiring and talented team in our London head office. This is an amazing opportunity for a bright, passionate and driven Senior Java Developer to further their career in a technically competent agency working with prestigious clients on high-profile projects.
In addition to designing and implementing robust and scalable full-stack solutions, the right candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with clients and senior management. The role offers opportunities to help SPIKA develop new standards and DevOps practices as well as mentoring and leading developer teams.
Ideally you’ll have significant agency or consultancy experience working in client-driven, fast-paced and high-profile web projects. At SPIKA you‘ll be involved in designing and implementing large-scale, high-traffic full-stack solutions for an amazing client-list including Bacardi-Martini, NBC Universal, Kings College, NHS and MoD.
As a Senior Java Developer it is essential that you have in-depth experience in:
- The full project life cycle, from conception through roll-out, to production deployment and support
- Full-stack web development, ideally with some App development experience.
- Agile software development concepts and methodologies
- Java SE, version 8 to 11, including multi-threading, JVM performance monitoring and tuning
- The Spring Framework ecosystem, with focus on Spring Boot, Core, Web and SQL
- Web technologies, protocols and communication, including secure software development
- Relational Databases, especially MySQL and SQL Server, including performance tuning. NoSQL experience is a bonus.
- Modularisation, white label solutions and Microservices; design and implement reusable components
- Test frameworks and methodologies, including JUnit, Selenium
- DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and Monitoring
- Scalable, secure and robust web solutions catering for high traffic and high availability
- System documentation (architecture, design, APIs)
- Release management, change control and live deployments, including experience of rolling out solutions to millions of active users
- Frontend framework experience, preferably Angular is highly desirable
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy being part of a team and interacting with both internal and external stakeholders
- Be passionate and confident about software design and with a drive to influence team members and stakeholders
- Have great attention to detail and quality
- Be able to conceptualise solutions for business requirements and be an effective communicator to both non-technical stakeholders and developers
- Considerate towards business drivers, strategies and industry best practices
- Comfortable being customer facing
- Be efficient and work well under pressure
This role is based in our London office a short walk from Victoria and St James’ Park and includes a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, share options, enhanced pension, life assurance, dedicated personal development time, and generous annual leave.
If you are interested apply now with your CV for immediate consideration to email@example.com
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.