Software Support Analyst
- Software Support Analyst
- Job type:
- Permanent full-time
- Hybrid Remote - London, SW1V
- Up to £45k p.a. DOE
We are recruiting for a bright and motivated software support analyst with excellent analytical skills to support our client service and delivery teams. This is a broad and rewarding role, ideal for a tech savvy person with first-rate client management skills and who enjoys meddling and getting their hands dirty with all aspects and components used to deliver high-profile online systems.
Your daily tasks will include technical investigations and analysis, ad hoc projects such as performance and penetration testing, data investigations and reports, refining and documenting processes using Confluence and Jira; and supporting project managers and digital producers with tech expertise and solution design as well as responding to technical enquires from clients and partner agencies.
You will report to the QA and Operations manager and be supported by the tech support team and developers.
The successful candidate will have a solid and broad tech understanding and a curiosity to figure out how everything fits together whilst proactively challenging existing processes and designs to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies. You will have an interest in coding and scripting languages and happy to read/review and suggest or make changes to existing code.
- Triage software systems (including log analysis, trouble shooting, identifying, and classifying issues)
- Debug code and provide support to applications written in Java, TypeScript, Angular, SQL
- Identify, track, and resolve application problems on a day-to-day basis, including occasional evening and weekend support, as part of a 24/7 support rota
- Monitors KPIs and gather performance metrics
- Querying and analysing data to extract reports or behavioural insights
- Create or update standardised application support documentation
- Penetration testing and scanning
- Analysing business requirements and processes
- Good knowledge of software troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Strong ability to solve problems and think laterally
- A strong customer focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt; to understand business usage of the system and make suggestions for improvement
- Good SQL knowledge and understanding of relational databases
- Solid understanding of how the Internet works, including DNS, TCP, HTTP, Cookies, and ability to use browser development tools for troubleshooting and testing
- Self-starter and results driven. Able to prioritise and complete tasks in a timely manner, with minimum guidance or prompting. Proactive, dependable, and positive attitude
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment to achieve project targets
Additional beneficial skills and Experience:
- Experience of AWS hosting, Nginx, Kubernetes, Linux, Tomcat etc
- A demonstrable record of achievement in relevant previous position(s)
- Any experience in Java / C# / C/C++ / NodeJS / PHP
- CI and pipeline tools including Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git
- Competent using Work management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Google Data Studio, Google Analytics / GTM
- Working knowledge of platforms such as Shopify, Salesforce & WordPress
Our offices are based close to Victoria Station and we offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, share options, pension, life assurance and dedicated personal development time. This role offers a mix of remote and in-office working.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role
No agencies please
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV and a covering email highlighting why you would be a good fit for the role.