IT Systems & Network Administrator
- IT Systems & Network Administrator
- Job type:
- Permanent full-time (reduced hours can be considered)
- London (SW1H)
We are looking for a talented IT Systems & Network Administrator to join our team in London. The successful candidate will own and lead the implementation of best practices for our internal systems and infrastructure.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience who is looking to progress their career and build an integral role in a successful and supportive company. The right candidate will be bright, self-driven and passionate about IT and server technologies and finding solutions to problems. You must be able to work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills, time management and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You will benefit from being supported by a very talented and close internal team of developers, testers and hands-on company directors. You will work closely with the DevOps Engineer and there is plenty of room for development and growth within this field.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for external and internal office IT systems ensuring highest level of efficiency, availability and security including remote assistance and deployments
- Definition, documentation and implementation of processes for deployments, monitoring and management of systems
- To implement security procedures and work towards ISO27001 certification
- Manage inventory related to hardware, software and other IT supplies
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Managing the OpenVPN infrastructure
- Providing basic IT support to internal teams (40+ workstations / laptops)
- Recommending solutions and deliver internal infrastructure projects
- Creation, maintenance, testing and communication of system recovery processes and procedures
- Occasional travel to satellite office in Bedford
Essential skills and experience for managing and supporting internal systems:
- Administration of Windows Server Systems (WSUS, Group policies, HyperV, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc.)
- Backup, recovery, failover and DR for Unix and Windows based servers.
- Understanding of Virtualisation Replication and Failover
- Office 365 and Exchange Admin (Hybrid implementation/configuration)
- AV remote deployment and policies configuration
- Experience with Mikrotik security appliances, switches, APs (forwarding, NAT, vLAN, vAP, Firewall, Wireless Access Manager)
- Basic scripting skills (PowerShell, Bash etc)
- A working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows/OSX/Ubuntu) etc.
- Basic installation, management and upgrading of Hardware and Software
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining network printers
Any knowledge of the below will be helpful and the right candidate will have the opportunity to enhance their skills in
- Linux systems administration
- AWS/Azure cloud platforms and configuration
- Setting up and maintaining a Kubernetes cluster
- Apache, SSL and Tomcat setup and maintenance
- MS SQL and MySQL server administration
- Networks (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, VLAN, SMTP etc.)
- Web technologies and standards (HTTP/S, HTML, XML, CDN etc.)
- Process definition and automation for builds, monitoring, alerting etc.
This role is based in our London office, a short walk from Victoria Station and St James’ Park. This position includes a competitive salary and great benefits, including bonus, pension, Share Options and generous annual leave. This is a full-time, permanent role but reduced hours can be considered for the right candidate.
If you are interested apply now with your CV for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.